This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/5] Add recog_constrain_insn
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, vmakarov at redhat dot com, ubizjak at gmail dot com, markus at trippelsdorf dot de, Ganesh dot Gopalasubramanian at amd dot com, richard dot sandiford at arm dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:41:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] Add recog_constrain_insn
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87bnpabvvx dot fsf at e105548-lin dot cambridge dot arm dot com> <874mv2bvnt dot fsf at e105548-lin dot cambridge dot arm dot com>
On 10/17/14 14:47, Richard Sandiford wrote:
OK. I'm going to assume passing "reload_completed" is equivalent to the
prior code where we passed the constant "1" to constrain_operands.
This patch just adds a new utility function called recog_constrain_insn,
to go alongside the existing recog_constrain_insn_cached.
Note that the extract_insn in lra.c wasn't used when checking is disabled.
The function just moved on to the next instruction straight away.
* recog.h (extract_constrain_insn): Declare.
* recog.c (extract_constrain_insn): New function.
* lra.c (check_rtl): Use it.
* postreload.c (reload_cse_simplify_operands): Likewise.
* reg-stack.c (check_asm_stack_operands): Likewise.
* regcprop.c (copyprop_hardreg_forward_1): Likewise.
* regrename.c (build_def_use): Likewise.
* sel-sched.c (get_reg_class): Likewise.
* config/arm/arm.c (note_invalid_constants): Likewise.
* config/s390/predicates.md (execute_operation): Likewise.