This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [2/6] nvptx testsuite patches: typed assembly
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:16:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [2/6] nvptx testsuite patches: typed assembly
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5446694A dot 1010705 at codesourcery dot com> <54466A67 dot 2020500 at codesourcery dot com>
On 10/21/14 14:15, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
Since everything in ptx assembly is typed, K&R C is problematic. There
are a number of testcases that call functions with the wrong number of
arguments, or arguments of the wrong type. I've added a new feature,
untyped_assembly, which these tests now require. I've also used this for
tests using builtin_apply/builtin_return.
I'd kind of prefer to see the tests fixed, but I can live with this.
FWIW, the PA (32-bit SOM) is very sensitive to this stuff as well,
though the linker will detect and correct most of these problems. The
PTX model doesn't give you the option to correct this stuff during the