This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 8/8] Use rank_for_schedule to as tie-breaker in model_order_p
- From: Richard Sandiford <richard dot sandiford at arm dot com>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:11:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 8/8] Use rank_for_schedule to as tie-breaker in model_order_p
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <9F97F273-F5DC-4E85-8298-4790ED2C9E82 at linaro dot org>
Maxim Kuvyrkov <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This patch improves model_order_p to use non-reg-pressure version of
> rank_for_schedule when it needs to break the tie. At the moment it is
> comparing INSN_PRIORITY by itself, and it seems prudent to outsource
> that to rank_for_schedule.
Do you have an example of where this helps? A possible danger is that
rank_for_schedule might (indirectly) depend on state that isn't maintained
or updated in the same way during the model schedule phase.