This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [jit] Drop libgccjit.pc
- From: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- To: Basile Starynkevitch <basile at starynkevitch dot net>
- Cc: jit at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:33:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: [jit] Drop libgccjit.pc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1413397540 dot 9513 dot 125 dot camel at surprise> <1413827651-9065-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com> <1413835878 dot 26788 dot 3 dot camel at starynkevitch dot net>
On Mon, 2014-10-20 at 22:11 +0200, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-10-20 at 13:54 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> > Committed to branch dmalcolm/jit:
> > pkg-config appears to be controversial, so don't provide a .pc file.
> I would put it under contrib/; it is controversial, but some would like
> to have it.
It was generated, via some Makefile.in and configure.ac hooks, so I
don't think putting it under contrib/ allows us to sidestep that.
(FWIW, I'm one of the ones who'd like to have a .pc file, but I'd rather
focus on getting the jit in before stage1 closes)