This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid the need to install when running the jit testsuite
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, <jit at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:56:32 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid the need to install when running the jit testsuite
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1413408568 dot 9513 dot 151 dot camel at surprise> <1413562945-14129-1-git-send-email-dmalcolm at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, David Malcolm wrote:
> +# This symlink makes the full installation name of the driver be available
> +# from within the *build* directory, for use when running the JIT library
> +# from there (e.g. when running its testsuite).
> +$(FULL_DRIVER_NAME): ./xgcc
> + $(LN) -s $< $@
I believe $(LN_S) would be normal, though (a) I don't see it being used
anywhere, despite the definition, and (b) while the GNU Coding Standards
still say "If you use symbolic links, you should implement a fallback for
systems that don't have symbolic links." I'm doubtful that's of practical
relevance to systems people are building GCC on any more.
I don't have any comments on the other parts of this patch.
Joseph S. Myers