This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, PR61605, 2/2] Use fuse-caller-save info in pass_cprop_hardreg
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:57:43 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, PR61605, 2/2] Use fuse-caller-save info in pass_cprop_hardreg
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <543F8C67 dot 3020402 at mentor dot com>
On 10/16/14 03:14, Tom de Vries wrote:
this patch is the second half of the fix for PR61605.
It make sure in pass_cprop_hardreg that, if available we use the
call-specific information provided by fuse-caller-save, rather than the
generic regs_invalidated_by_call info.
The 2 patches together allow an insn to removed from the
gcc.target/i386/fuse-caller-save.c testcase, which is updated
accordingly in this patch.
Bootstrapped and reg-tested on x86_64.
OK for trunk?
2014-10-13 Tom de Vries<email@example.com>
* regcprop.c (copyprop_hardreg_forward_1): Use
regs_invalidated_by_this_call instead of regs_invalidated_by_call.
* gcc.target/i386/fuse-caller-save.c: Update addition check. Add movl