This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH i386 AVX512] [78/n] Use blend for inserting.
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 13:20:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH i386 AVX512] [78/n] Use blend for inserting.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141016062436 dot GA3755 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20141016072844 dot GG10376 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 10:24:45AM +0400, Kirill Yukhin wrote:
>> This patch extends insertion hook.
>> AVX-512* tests on top of patch-set all pass
>> under simulator.
>> * config/i386/i386.c
>> (ix86_expand_vector_set): Handle V8DF, V8DI, V16SF, V16SI, V32HI, V64QI
> Just a ChangeLog comment style (seen in several entries you've committed
> and several posted patches). Please don't put a line break right after
> the filename if the (functionname): part fits nicely on the same line, the
> description can be wrapped anywhere as appropriate.
> In this case,
> * config/i386/i386.c (ix86_expand_vector_set): Handle V8DF, V8DI,
> V16SF, V16SI, V32HI, V64QI modes.
> is shorter and more readable.
> Other than that, this particular patch LGTM (unless we'd want for the 4
> mostly repetitious cases add a common handling spot, which would need the
> gen fnpointer and kmode vars set before goto), but I'll leave it to Uros to
> ack it.
Let's leave this as it is for now.