This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [pointer size] more edge cases
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 20:18:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: [pointer size] more edge cases
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201410152229 dot s9FMTJrd012513 at greed dot delorie dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1410152345310 dot 11645 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> I don't see what the stor-layout.c changes have to do with that
> description, or why they are correct (they look wrong to me; the
> existing addition of BITS_PER_UNIT_LOG + 1 looks logically correct
> for bitsizetype).
sooo... the type for bitsizetype will *always* be a bigger type than
sizetype? Even when sizetype is already the largest type the target
can handle naturally?