This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Better tolerance of incoming profile insanities in jump threading
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 09:39:46 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Better tolerance of incoming profile insanities in jump threading
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAe5K+XGmjO9u-G2Nxbdjff3jF_Der+XjTgbX_sFY8wPFN_4Tw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/14/14 23:09, Teresa Johnson wrote:
The below patch fixes the overflow detection when recomputing
probabilities after jump threading, in case of incoming profile
insanities. It detects more cases where the computation will overflow
not only the max probability but the max int and possibly wrap around.
LTO profilebootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
Ok for trunk?
2014-10-14 Teresa Johnson <email@example.com>
* tree-ssa-threadupdate.c (recompute_probabilities): Better