This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 4/n] OpenMP 4.0 offloading infrastructure: lto-wrapper
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>, Andrey Turetskiy <andrey dot turetskiy at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:38:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/n] OpenMP 4.0 offloading infrastructure: lto-wrapper
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141002151457 dot GA59899 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20141008102650 dot GV1986 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20141009120738 dot GA7420 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20141009200703 dot GA56445 at GumBook dot local> <20141010065320 dot GA10376 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAHACq4qgCNNxe+PPh3t8YVbdbbS5aUzeK=tH+Kp1r8Zxa1qG9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141010170043 dot GQ10376 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20141013224247 dot GA61615 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20141014094009 dot GX10376 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20141015141856 dot GA46277 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 06:18:56PM +0400, Ilya Verbin wrote:
> On 14 Oct 11:40, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > My preference would be to add the | SECTION_EXCLUDE unconditionally, and
> > instead guard the
> > if (flags & SECTION_EXCLUDE)
> > *f++ = 'e';
> > in varasm.c (default_elf_asm_named_section). The only other user of
> > SECTION_EXCLUDE seems to be -gsplit-dwarf right now, Cary, is such a change
> > ok with you?
> Done. But it turned out that the gcc_GAS_CHECK_FEATURE from gcc/configure.ac:
> gcc_GAS_CHECK_FEATURE([.section with e], gcc_cv_as_section_has_e, [2,22,51],,
> [.section foo1,"e"
> .byte 0,0,0,0])
> does not work properly. Maybe it works on "cygwin* | pe | mingw32* | interix*"
> targets, but on linux with GNU as version 2.20.51 (which doesn't support exclude
> sections) it successfully assembles conftest.s into conftest.o (with warnings)
> and HAVE_GAS_SECTION_EXCLUDE becomes defined.
IMHO a version check is wrong (except when using in-tree gas).
I'd suggest just to use [--fatal-warnings] as the 4th argument to
gcc_GAS_CHECK_FEATURE feature, after all, that is what e.g.
gcc_cv_as_shf_merge testing already uses.