This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gofrontend-dev] Re: [PATCH 03/13] HACK! Allow the static chain to be set from C
- From: Peter Collingbourne <pcc at google dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libffi-discuss at sourceware dot org" <libffi-discuss at sourceware dot org>, "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:46:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gofrontend-dev] Re: [PATCH 03/13] HACK! Allow the static chain to be set from C
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1412973773-3942-1-git-send-email-rth at redhat dot com> <1412973773-3942-4-git-send-email-rth at redhat dot com> <CAKOQZ8xivpespK-4HwXJrgpH72K0eHyJhpDzftnJHvdNCOTJZg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMn1gO7vJOcNi218p9m32de_rrnKBrUcGF-EKP3dJwaL+8BtUw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMn1gO50doTzg4tfVeJ_d-fX0Y1t=Fh56aaCHLFbR0ntnMwM8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <5438B0DD dot 70309 at redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc0AjyneNVo4zkP1_MVyJU61nL1qXua+70p8694jzFrLXg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Richard Biener
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Richard Henderson <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 10/10/2014 06:42 PM, Peter Collingbourne wrote:
>>> A colleague has suggested a perhaps nicer syntax:
>>> __builtin_call_chain(pointer, call) where call must be a call expression
>> I like this.
>> Unlike the other suggestions, it doesn't mess with the parsing of the "regular"
>> part of the function call. And, depending on what point the builtin is lowered
>> and applied to the AST, it might not require any parsing changes at all.
>> I'll have a look at this next week. Thanks.
> Does the frontend know that the call expects a static chain?
The chain is not part of the function type, so no.