This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 14/x] Passes [15/n] Optimize redundant checks
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilya Enkovich <enkovich dot gnu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:10:05 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, Pointer Bounds Checker 14/x] Passes [15/n] Optimize redundant checks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141008192227 dot GO13454 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <5436C8DE dot 5020108 at redhat dot com> <CAMbmDYb0Cy0c_osyKRVp==0dQh1ni_CuGrQ6_5jcRVhXs4LK4A at mail dot gmail dot com> <54380FC7 dot 2090304 at redhat dot com> <CAMbmDYaav0n1uHoTygPdVP7vscLCuUkKqmCND1qxoZjSXqC7OA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/13/14 08:58, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
I'll look into DOM and a possibility to use it for checks removal.
But I give higher priority to builtins instrumentation and therefore
prefer to delay this one and return to it after builtins
instrumentation work or in case there is some spare time for it. This
patch is not critical for checker functionality and may be excluded
from initial commit.
When you're ready to look at DOM, don't hesitate to contact me. I
probably know that code better than anyone.