This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, PR63307] Fix generation of new declarations in random order
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: "Zamyatin, Igor" <igor dot zamyatin at intel dot com>, "GCC Patches (gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org)" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "Jakub Jelinek (jakub at redhat dot com)" <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:41:46 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, PR63307] Fix generation of new declarations in random order
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0EFAB2BDD0F67E4FB6CCC8B9F87D756969BB3310 at IRSMSX101 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com>
On 10/04/14 05:54, Zamyatin, Igor wrote:
OK for the trunk. No sure if Jakub wants to backport to 4.9 or not.
That'd be his call.
The following patch does fix random order for new decls generation during Cilk_spawn generation.
As Jakub suggested in the PR first we deal with vectors, then sort them and only then perform necessary generation of new decls.
Bootstrapped and regtested on trunk/4.9.
For trunk I couldn't check with COMPARE_DEBUG since building fails somewhere else.
For 4.9 COMPARE_DEBUG building is ok.
Is it ok for trunk and backport into 4.9?
2014-10-03 Igor Zamyatin <email@example.com>
* cilk.c: Include vec.h.
(struct cilk_decls): New structure.
(wrapper_parm_cb): Split this function to...
(create_parm_list): ...and this.
(compare_decls): New function.
(build_wrapper_type): For now first traverse and fill vector of
declarations then sort it and then deal with sorted vector.
We really prefer fully specified sorts. For a qsort callback, this
doesn't look fully specified.
+compare_decls (const void *a, const void *b)
+ const struct cilk_decls* t1 = (const struct cilk_decls*) a;
+ const struct cilk_decls* t2 = (const struct cilk_decls*) b;
+ return DECL_UID (t1->key) > DECL_UID (t2->key);
With that fixed, this should be OK.