This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR63404, gcc 5 miscompiles linux block layer
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at arm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:26:39 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR63404, gcc 5 miscompiles linux block layer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5429B204 dot 7040200 at arm dot com> <542A2FC5 dot 4020605 at redhat dot com> <542AC02D dot 70508 at arm dot com> <542ADA9D dot 8070709 at redhat dot com> <CAAfDdZ0ti4nfkOL1qTHTtsgpYLCmC5NQcM=_GEBFfJHpcx+XCw at mail dot gmail dot com> <543558B8 dot 3060006 at arm dot com> <54380267 dot 8030705 at redhat dot com> <54380BAF dot 9000602 at arm dot com> <54380ED3 dot 1020203 at redhat dot com> <543810C6 dot 8050104 at redhat dot com> <20141010170408 dot GR10376 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <54381582 dot 3090404 at redhat dot com> <5438169B dot 90505 at redhat dot com>
On 10/10/14 11:25, Richard Henderson wrote:
On 10/10/2014 10:21 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
On 10/10/14 11:04, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:00:54AM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
But it's really a lot more like a
kind of PLUS. If instead we had a LOW to match HIGH it would have been
Right. In fact, I believe at the hardware level it's typically implemented
Can be addition or bitwise or, as high should have some low bits zero, both
usually work the same.
It can be bitwise-or on some architectures...
Just to be clear, the LOW rtx code I mentioned upthread was for illustration
purposes only. I only intend to change the rtx class of the existing LO_SUM.
That was my expectation :-)