This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Towards GNU11
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 17:08:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: Towards GNU11
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141007210756 dot GA1002 at redhat dot com> <5435F56C dot 5090605 at redhat dot com> <20141009072549 dot GG1002 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 9 Oct 2014, Marek Polacek wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 08:39:40PM -0600, Jeff Law wrote:
> > I like it. And one could reasonably argue that now is the time to change
> > since that maximizes the time for folks to find broken code.
> Yep, this is definitely stage1 stuff. We still have a few weeks, but
> I wouldn't want to rush such a change in the nick of time.
> > I'd go so far as to conditionally approve -- if other maintainers don't
> > shout out in the next week or so against, then I feel this should go
> > forward.
> Thanks. I will wait at least until the end of next week.
> I'd like to hear from Joseph ;).
I approve of the change in default (I just don't think it's a change to
make on my say-so alone).
Joseph S. Myers