This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.8 & 4.9] Backport of r211885
- From: "Yangfei (Felix)" <felix dot yang at huawei dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Felix Yang <fei dot yang0953 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 09:04:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [4.8 & 4.9] Backport of r211885
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFc0fxzW0jCw_d1n6fYmmEe+K6SfVn9eekD_M84rtHEpPQAttA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141009085353 dot GJ1986 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
> > On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 11:00:24PM +0800, Felix Yang wrote:
> > The enclosed patch for 4.8 & 4.9 branch is a backport of r211885 from trunk.
> > The only change is to use:
> > for (def_rec = DF_INSN_INFO_DEFS (insn_info); *def_rec; def_rec++)
> > other than the new FOR_EACH_INSN_INFO_DEF interface.
> > Bootstrapped on x86_64-SUSE-Linux for both branches. OK to apply?
> ChangeLog entry is missing, plus description why do you want to backport it.
> If it fixes a bug on the branches, it would be better to have a bugzilla PR for that,
> and definitely a testcase.
Yeah, I will add a ChangeLog entry for this patch when it is committed.
I encountered the same issue when working on my local customized 4.8/4.9 branches. Not reproduceable with the official 4.8/4.9 branches.
I thinks it's just an enhancement for the loop invariant pass to make it more versatile. It's better that 4.8/4.9 branches also inlcude this enhancement.