This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR debug/38757 gcc does not emit DW_LANG_C99
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jason at redhat dot com, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com, aldyh at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 13:04:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR debug/38757 gcc does not emit DW_LANG_C99
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1412763235-23197-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <20141008101743 dot GC1002 at redhat dot com> <1412764178 dot 5534 dot 6 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <20141008103509 dot GW1986 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 12:35 +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 12:29:38PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 12:17 +0200, Marek Polacek wrote:
> > > On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 12:13:55PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > > > This lang hook will be more useful when DWARFv5 gets out, which is
> > > > supposed to define language identifiers for newer C and C++ versions.
> > >
> > > It might have been discussed elsewhere, so sorry for not paying attention,
> > > but what about DW_LANG_C11?
> > That is one of the new language versions to hopefully gets a definition
> > with DWARFv5. http://dwarfstd.org/ShowIssue.php?issue=140330.1
> Yeah, that is 0x1d it seems, but we don't have
> unfortunately. IMHO still something that must be added to DWARF5.
Good point. There is a proposal to add DW_LANG_C_plus_plus_03 (0x17) and
But no DW_LANG_C_plus_plus_14 yet. Probably because C++14 only got
approved last August. Although it has been too late to submit new
proposals for DWARFv5 since a couple of months now I did submit one
anyway. Hopefully we can still sneak it in before there is a first draft
of DWARFv5 out. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.standards.dwarf/218