This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: fix mode confusion in caller-save.c:replace_reg_with_saved_mem
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 03:57:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFA: fix mode confusion in caller-save.c:replace_reg_with_saved_mem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMqJFCrfcoFTagdcAoA6k_kbS=zx80SRYdyiXZ76u8n3YxODSw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5432E65B dot 50809 at redhat dot com>
On 6 October 2014 19:58, Jeff Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> What makes word_mode special here? ie, why is special casing for word_mode
> the right thing to do?
The patch does not special-case word mode. The if condition tests if
cover multiple hard registers.
If that would be the case, smode is replaced with word_mode.