This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gofrontend-dev] [PATCH 5/9] Gccgo port to s390[x] -- part I
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at golang dot org>
- To: vogt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at golang dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 07:29:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gofrontend-dev] [PATCH 5/9] Gccgo port to s390[x] -- part I
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140909124446 dot GA25290 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <20140909125610 dot GF25290 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <CAKOQZ8wyFTKUEYkH+zFCvjdKOYFz9zxzpmkJktkgRwgG0gqbxA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141006074230 dot GA19559 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM, Dominik Vogt <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On s390[x] the symbol value of a section symbol is definitely not
Is true even in an object file? I agree that in an executable a
section symbol will have a non-zero value, but that case doesn't arise
since an executable won't have (non-dynamic) relocations. But I'm
quite surprised that hear that the section symbol would be non-zero in
an object file.