This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gofrontend-dev] [PATCH 4/9] Gccgo port to s390[x] -- part I
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at golang dot org>
- To: vogt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 18:19:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gofrontend-dev] [PATCH 4/9] Gccgo port to s390[x] -- part I
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140909124446 dot GA25290 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <20140909125337 dot GE25290 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:53 AM, Dominik Vogt <email@example.com> wrote:
> This patch fixes the compiler flags in libgo/mksysinfo.sh. In one
> place, some compiler flags were missing that are consistently used
> elswhere, resulting in an error message.
> 2014-09-05 Dominik Vogt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * libgo/mksysinfo.sh (OUT):
> Add the same compile flags that configure uses to detect whether off64_t
> is present or not when generating the go structures for the C types.
> Otherwise the go type for off64_t may not be generated.
I don't understand why this patch is necessary. The invocation of
mksysinfo in libgo/Makefile.am sets the CC environment variable to
include $(OSCFLAGS), and OSCFLAGS should include those three options.
Trying to list the flags separately in mksysinfo.sh is going to be
incomplete on some systems--see OSCFLAGS in libgo/configure.ac.
Can you explain further why this patch is required? Thanks.