This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [google gcc-4_9] fix undefined references in debug_info
- From: Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>
- To: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Cc: Rong Xu <xur at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 09:44:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: [google gcc-4_9] fix undefined references in debug_info
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF1bQ=So_00WrLxxy_bn0wCfv9JetyVWoVo6=+_D9F=FD1tJng at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAkRFZJt3uepHcL77zfD9vWq=o=rufmK9_wQnZaEOjGe0xJ3Yw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Yes, this needs to be fixed on trunk too. I looked at the history and
it has been this way (overwriting the footer) for years. It must be
uncommon to have this confluence of events.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Xinliang David Li <email@example.com> wrote:
> This patch should be targeting trunk gcc?
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Rong Xu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> This patch fixed a bug exposed in build kernel with fdo.
>> We cannot simply overwrite the bb footer in emit_barrier_after_bb as
>> the bb may already have a footer (in this case, a deleted label stmt).
>> We need to output this label because it's a user label and debug_info
>> has a reference to it.
>> Tested with problematic file and regression test.
>> Trunk may also have the same issue, but I need to work on a testcase.
Teresa Johnson | Software Engineer | email@example.com | 408-460-2413