This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, i386, Pointer Bounds Checker 18/x] Expand instrumented builtin function calls
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Ilya Enkovich <enkovich dot gnu at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 09:51:45 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, i386, Pointer Bounds Checker 18/x] Expand instrumented builtin function calls
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140602145144 dot GA53659 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <CAFiYyc28xGsJqg842xUFLJnoWL=6j8b-819vdubyAE0tu7tYrQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMbmDYZuwtmNsuQ4GEvSHydGeNvT-mstPDejtyDpxadyPFwtQg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMbmDYaBq7K4kzcu1Wurj3hh1JjA_8wekMUSvTc9FVXPpucSOA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141003084743 dot GB50375 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On 10/03/14 02:47, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
OK. Obviously we'll want to return to the builtins at some point in the
relatively new future ;-)
Since we still don't have a final decision about how instrumented builtin functions would look like, I replace this patch with a new one which assumes we don't instrument them for now. It only has an additional init for va_start and also makes sure there is no instrumented builtin calls. All instrumented builtins related codes will go into a separate series.
2014-10-03 Ilya Enkovich <email@example.com>
* builtins.c: Include tree-chkp.h and rtl-chkp.h.
(std_expand_builtin_va_start): Init bounds for va_list.
(expand_builtin): Do not allow instrumented calls.