This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [debug-early] C++: emit early debug info for all globals, not just statics
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:23:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: [debug-early] C++: emit early debug info for all globals, not just statics
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <542C72A9 dot 9090602 at redhat dot com> <542D7352 dot 6040001 at redhat dot com> <542D97BF dot 6070006 at redhat dot com> <D41CB1D2-144C-4FE7-BBF2-DBAB975AC93D at gmail dot com>
On 10/02/14 12:56, Richard Biener wrote:
Yes, but I don't see why we need the cleanup step. The decls are real after all.
You won't hear me complain.
I was just worried people were going to start complaining about larger
.debug_info sections, since I see that the current code, as it stands in
mainline, doesn't dump (some of) the *_DECLs not currently reachable.
But hey... less work for me!