This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: parallel check output changes?
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, richard dot sandiford at arm dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 18:46:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: parallel check output changes?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <541AD692 dot 4030907 at redhat dot com> <20140918130109 dot GH17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <541AD880 dot 7080703 at redhat dot com> <541AF451 dot 3070406 at redhat dot com> <541B1710 dot 8060809 at codesourcery dot com> <20140918173609 dot GM17454 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20140918184455 dot GB28595 at gate dot crashing dot org> <20140919093723 dot GA26414 at gate dot crashing dot org> <87iokel5c0 dot fsf at e105548-lin dot cambridge dot arm dot com> <5422DB41 dot 1090800 at redhat dot com> <20141002164739 dot GA25260 at gate dot crashing dot org>
Segher Boessenkool <email@example.com> writes:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:54:57AM -0400, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
>> Is this suppose to be resolved now? I'm still seeing some issues with a
>> branch cut from mainline from yesterday.
> Confirmed. The following patch works for me, and Andrew has tested it
> as well. The comment it removes isn't valid before the patch either.
I get the impression from a short dismissal like that that this script
is pretty hated :-(. Remember that originally the script was trying to
make the result of combining separate .sum files the same as the .sum
file you'd get for -j1. As Jakub said upthread, that's a lost cause
with the new approach to parallel testing, but I think the comment was
valid while matching -j1 was still a goal.