This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] combine: Allow substituting the target reg of a clobber
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 17:00:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] combine: Allow substituting the target reg of a clobber
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8137af77d6faef78001c49d0196e475ceafc5aba dot 1409750557 dot git dot segher at kernel dot crashing dot org> <5420A09C dot 9080708 at redhat dot com> <20140927220326 dot GA25296 at gate dot crashing dot org> <20141001223627 dot GA32352 at gate dot crashing dot org>
On 10/01/14 16:36, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
Excellent. Thanks. Even more so for making the test for x86 since
that's the platform that gets tested the most often.
On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 05:03:26PM -0500, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
I've tried to make a stable future-proof testcase that does such a three-insn
combination. Not easy at all.
Turns out it is quite easy (when you've seen the solution, anyway :-P )
Tested on powerpc64-linux as before, and bootstrapped + regression checked
on x86_64-linux. Also checked the testcase fails before on i386 and x86_64,
and works afterwards.
Does this look good?
2014-10-02 Segher Boessenkool <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* combine.c (can_combine_p): Allow the destination register of INSN
to be clobbered in I3.
(subst): Do not substitute into clobbers of registers.
* gcc.dg/combine-clobber.c: New.
Ok for the trunk.