This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch ARM-AArch64/testsuite v2 01/21] Neon intrinsics execution tests initial framework.
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 16:11:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch ARM-AArch64/testsuite v2 01/21] Neon intrinsics execution tests initial framework.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1404209174-25364-1-git-send-email-christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org> <1404209174-25364-2-git-send-email-christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org> <CAFqB+PyajcZb3gnLD7g=pLftfb3Hcv_yXV-f_CVq+fp3CK4VDQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKdteOa5YOio4=bmJp-Z8r4PgRYifYmxPa4YO40p3U-J4-TiDg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 30 September 2014 15:27, Christophe Lyon <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 10 July 2014 12:12, Marcus Shawcroft <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 1 July 2014 11:05, Christophe Lyon <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> * documentation (README)
>>> * dejanu driver (neon-intrinsics.exp)
>>> * support macros (arm-neon-ref.h, compute-ref-data.h)
>>> * Tests for 3 intrinsics: vaba, vld1, vshl
>> Hi, The terminology in armv8 is advsimd rather than neon. Can we
>> rename neon-intrinsics to advsimd-intrinsics or simd-intrinsics
>> throughout please. The existing gcc.target/aarch64/simd directory of
>> tests will presumably be superseded by this more comprehensive set of
>> tests so I suggest these tests go in gcc.target/aarch64/advsimd and we
>> eventually remove gcc.target/aarch64/simd/ directory.
>> GNU style should apply throughout this patch series, notably double
>> space after period in comments and README text. Space before left
>> parenthesis in function/macro call and function declaration. The
>> function name in a declaration goes on a new line. The GCC wiki notes
>> on test case state individual test should have file names ending in
>> _<number>, see here https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/TestCaseWriting
> For the record, these tests are based on a testsuite I wrote quite
> some time ago:
> where obviously I had no such requirement (and v8 wasn't public yet)
> So I prefer to apply the changes you request in my main version before
> re-submitting it here.
> (libsanitizer-style, sort-of....).
> This will take me some time, so the next version of my patch series
> should not be expected really soon :-(
Hi Christophe, Given that this test suite code is an existing body
of work I see no reason to impose the GNU style change I originally
asked for. I withdraw my original comment that these patches should
conform to GNU style. My comment on file names is also withdrawn. I
would like to see the terminology corrected.