This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch ARM] Turn on hot cold partitioning ?
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot gcc at googlemail dot com>
- To: Christian Bruel <christian dot bruel at st dot com>
- Cc: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>, Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 11:43:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch ARM] Turn on hot cold partitioning ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <542BC37A dot 2010008 at st dot com>
- Reply-to: ramrad01 at arm dot com
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Christian Bruel <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Ramana,
> Your patch https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2012-02/msg01492.html
> seems to have not been applied for 4.10. Are there any stoppers or is it
> an omission ?
Short answer, no, not an omission. It could not be made to work
properly for a few reasons. When I continued with it the problem I was
hitting was the assumption that you can branch anywhere. IIRC using an
indirect branch wasn't possible because you couldn't find enough
registers because of pass ordering issues.
Matthew Gretton-Dann and Christophe Lyon at Linaro worked on it for
sometime and they hit other problems. There are probably enough mails
in the archive to document this history.