This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gcc/gcc.c: XNEWVEC enough space for 'saved_suffix' using
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, rth at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 06:24:55 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gcc/gcc.c: XNEWVEC enough space for 'saved_suffix' using
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53D126DC dot 8030609 at gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1407302211160 dot 3490 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 07/31/2014 06:12 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014, Chen Gang wrote:
>> strlen() will get string length excluding '\0', but strcpy() will append
>> '\0' in the end, so need XNEWVEC additional byte, or cause memory over
> OK assuming it passed regression testing (with ChangeLog entry as usual,
> and you need to say what platform the patch was bootstrapped / regression
> tested on).
Excuse me, I only find it by reading source code, not give a test (for
me, this kind of patch welcomes the related test, but not mandatory).
But, if you still feel it is necessary to have a related test, I shall
Open share and attitude like air water and life which God blessed