This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[ping] Honor the vxworks options overrides on VxWorksae
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, nathan at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:04:01 +0200
- Subject: [ping] Honor the vxworks options overrides on VxWorksae
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <C8383983-2691-4D86-B881-E72DA355746E at adacore dot com> <03BBDF2D-7909-4398-BE70-CF3B9B8F25B8 at adacore dot com>
Thanks in advance,
With Kind Regards,
On Jun 30, 2014, at 15:29 , Olivier Hainque <email@example.com> wrote:
> The vxworks_override_option code is general enough to apply to both regular
> VxWorks and VxWorksAE configurations.
> The VxWorksAE configuration files miss the triggering bits, however, with
> various kinds of consequences. One example is -fPIC being accepted without
> -mrtp, while it should be rejected by
> /* PIC is only supported for RTPs. */
> if (flag_pic && !TARGET_VXWORKS_RTP)
> error ("PIC is only supported for RTPs");
> The attached patch fixes this by defining VXWORKS_OVERRIDE_OPTIONS for AE as
> for the regular vxworks targets.
> Tested by verifying that the port still builds after the change, and
> that -fPIC without -mrtp is rejected as it should.
> OK to commit ?
> Thanks in advance,
> With Kind Regards
> 2014-05-30 Olivier Hainque <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/vxworksae.h (VXWORKS_OVERRIDE_OPTIONS): Define.