This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: RE: Re: [MIPS r5900] libgcc floating point fixes
- From: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- To: "JÃrgen Urban" <JuergenUrban at gmx dot de>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:48:38 +0000
- Subject: RE: RE: Re: [MIPS r5900] libgcc floating point fixes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <trinity-37357c54-bec5-48dd-bd67-0fb25e238bd3-1402862904892 at 3capp-gmx-bs04>, <87lhrw1bli dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com> <trinity-a1d0b6c9-8b19-47db-a4f7-3b4ac97e11cf-1405710022356 at 3capp-gmx-bs32>, <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320EAFEE7 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <trinity-23cffbb1-6d7e-45f8-acb0-eb58d6b30fbf-1405872012472 at 3capp-gmx-bs18>, <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320EB02A8 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <trinity-c9f9ad07-04f6-495d-ac13-8cfd40e6481b-1406498548144 at 3capp-gmx-bs41>
> > > Fixes for high level libraries should also be
> > > high level (dmult vs __FLT_MAX_EXP__); i.e. there should be no change in
> > > different package which is specific for MIPS. The type double should
> > > double and is handled without a problem when the FPU is 32 bit in ABI
> > > The problem is only with the single/double conversion functions and the
> > > n32.
> > I didn't quite follow why you specifically say n32 in the last sentence...
> > What is harder to fix about n32 than o32?
> "-msingle-float" with n32 creates 64 bit FPU instructions like dmtc1 and
> dmfc1. So I can't compile it for r5900. When I disable it, I get internal
> compiler errors.
That certainly seems like a bug. Can you file a bug report for that with
a test case? I'll try and handle it when I next work on the single-float
support in GCC.
Did you manage to get the libgcc patch reworked to be independent of r5900?