This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for constexpr variable templates
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Braden Obrzut <admin at maniacsvault dot net>, Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>, Adam Butcher <adam at jessamine dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andrew Sutton <andrew dot n dot sutton at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 12:14:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch for constexpr variable templates
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53CCFBEF dot 9080804 at verizon dot net> <53CDD522 dot 9040508 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D172E4 dot 9020902 at redhat dot com> <53D242FD dot 70002 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D2CB20 dot 1090201 at redhat dot com> <53D352F7 dot 7040402 at maniacsvault dot net> <53D3D34A dot 9080009 at redhat dot com>
On 07/26/2014 12:11 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
On 07/26/2014 03:04 AM, Braden Obrzut wrote:
On 07/25/2014 05:24 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
Fair enough, but in that case let's use 'sorry' rather then 'error' to
be clear that it's a missing feature.
Tests like g++.dg/cpp1y/pr59638.C produce extra failures if this is
changed. Is there something I'm supposed to do to account for that?
Changing dg-error to dg-message should cover it.
Actually, we shouldn't be treating that testcase as declaring variable
templates at all. Adam, any thoughts?