This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000, 4.8/4.9] Fix alignment of non-Altivec vector struct fields
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: dje dot gcc at gmail dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:45:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000, 4.8/4.9] Fix alignment of non-Altivec vector struct fields
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201407170041 dot s6H0fe1G024910 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com>
Am 17.07.2014 02:41, schrieb Ulrich Weigand:
> this is the variant intended for the 4.8/4.9 branches of the patch:
> As discussed, it does *not* actually change ABI, but only warn when
> encountering a situation where the ABI will change in a future GCC.
> (Avoiding the specific term "GCC 4.10" here since I'm not certain
> whether the next GCC release will in fact be called that ...)
> Tested on powerpc64-linux and powerpc64le-linux; also verified using
> the ABI compat suite (against an unpatched GCC) that this patch does
> not change the ABI.
this causes PR libobjc/61920, link failures with -lobjc.