This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] Fix integer kind returned by storage_size
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: "Rezny, Mike" <mike dot rezny at metoffice dot gov dot uk>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "'fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 20:25:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] Fix integer kind returned by storage_size
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <7A325CBF6049864AA5CAB679B76AFD6206E56006 at EXXCMPD1DAG3 dot cmpd1 dot metoffice dot gov dot uk> <Prayer dot 1 dot 3 dot 5 dot 1407251230420 dot 3920 at hermes-1 dot csi dot cam dot ac dot uk> <53D29EDA dot 4040800 at net-b dot de>
Tobias Burnus wrote:
The problem is fixed by the attached patch. I will commit it as
obvious (to the trunk, i.e. GCC 5 alias GCC 4.10 only) once building
and regtesting has finished.
As I only saw later in Steve's email, it is a regression. Thus, I will
also apply it to the GCC 4.9 branch (will be in GCC 4.9.2; Linux distros
likely pick it up earlier).
The regression was caused by my commit r197159 for PRs 56650 and 36437,
which added compile-time simplification for storage_size, c_sizeof and
sizeof. (The latter are not affected as they are supposed to return a
value of kind c_size_t and take no kind parameters.)