This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gcc/toplev.c: Avoid to close 'asm_out_file' when it is 'stdout'
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, rth at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 06:17:20 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gcc/toplev.c: Avoid to close 'asm_out_file' when it is 'stdout'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53CD3617 dot 2000503 at gmail dot com> <53CF2FB6 dot 6000708 at redhat dot com>
On 07/23/2014 11:44 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 07/21/14 09:47, Chen Gang wrote:
>> 'asm_out_file' may be 'stdout', so need check this case before close it.
>> Or 'stdout' may be closed -- since need not open 'stdout', either need
>> not close it.
>> * topleve.c (finalize): Avoid to close 'asm_out_file' when it is
> What exactly is the problem with closing stdout at this point? In general, you need to state the problem you're trying to fix with your patch.
Excuse me, I only find it by reading source code, so for me, I didn't
meet the real problem for it, so at least, this patch is not urgent (
although I am not sure whether it is still valuable or not).
At present, I am a newbie, and use 2 ways to learn gcc and binutils.
- Cross compile the cross compiler with '-W' for linux kernel.
(If find issues, I shall try to fix them with related members).
- Reading source code of gcc and binutils, if find some where can be
improved, and try to send patch for it.
By the way, is there a trivial patch mailing list of gcc? I guess most
of my patches belong to trivial.
Open share and attitude like air water and life which God blessed