This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 4/4] Convert lto streamer out hashing to inchash
- From: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andi Kleen <ak at linux dot intel dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:06:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] Convert lto streamer out hashing to inchash
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1405488709-12677-1-git-send-email-andi at firstfloor dot org> <1405488709-12677-2-git-send-email-andi at firstfloor dot org> <1405488709-12677-3-git-send-email-andi at firstfloor dot org> <1405488709-12677-4-git-send-email-andi at firstfloor dot org> <1405488709-12677-5-git-send-email-andi at firstfloor dot org> <53CF2E9F dot 9010103 at redhat dot com> <20140723145359 dot GF15665 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <20140723151553 dot GS18735 at two dot firstfloor dot org> <bacf229b-53d8-4f7e-8a2c-a5098dcd1833 at email dot android dot com>
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 06:00:35PM +0200, Richard Biener wrote:
> On July 23, 2014 5:15:53 PM CEST, Andi Kleen <email@example.com> wrote:
> >> I think we managed to
> >> stay bytecode compatible for 4.8 release series. (Richi knows better)
> >Nope, fortran options broke it at some point.
> We try hard to not break things on branches or at least should bump the version if we do. Maybe we need some mostly trivial bytecode test cases for branches...
This patch would have caught that case:
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Speaking for myself only.