This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] New check and updates in check_GNU_style script
- From: Sebastian Pop <sebpop at gmail dot com>
- To: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:40:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New check and updates in check_GNU_style script
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53CCB258 dot 6050905 at samsung dot com> <CAFk3UF8dRuYBzp2=iB5PVqAAK5wa5toxy6HY=UZuYVaG9a5-LQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53CDFAAA dot 6060908 at samsung dot com>
Yes, clang-format knows how to format patches,
and it also has a vi and emacs mode able to format a region of code.
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Yury Gribov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 07/22/2014 02:24 AM, Sebastian Pop wrote:
>> What about getting clang-format to GNU format instead of improving
>> this ad-hoc script?
> Well, GNU support in clang-format seems to be at it's early days
> so improving diagnostic in check_GNU_style does not seem to be totally
> In general clang-format is probably more capable than simple regexes that we
> BTW can it format patches (i.e. incomplete pieces of code)?