This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Move Asan instrumentation to sanopt pass
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Konstantin Serebryany <kcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google dot com>, Viacheslav Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>, Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:20:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move Asan instrumentation to sanopt pass
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53C922DE dot 6020000 at samsung dot com> <CAFiYyc3=eaf92H=H-wUv3OUx-62s7_Vup8h0TAbLe_gBmTQp_A at mail dot gmail dot com> <53CE720A dot 4030002 at samsung dot com>
On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Yury Gribov <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 07/22/2014 05:57 PM, Richard Biener wrote:
>>> I probably could
>>> provide fnspec with (EAF_DIRECT | EAF_NOCLOBBER | EAF_NOESCAPE) or
>>> even EAF_UNUSED for these functions but this does not seem
>>> to be supported in current middle-end.
>> Simply add the "fn spec" attribute to the functions?
> Problem is that internal functions don't seem to support this
> (gimple_statement_call::fntype and gimple_statement_call::internal_fn
> occupy the same field). I wasn't sure about the reasons for this
> so decided change them in original patch. Do you think we should we allow
> fntype for internal functions?
Ah.... internal fns. Those cannot have attributes indeed (technical
Martin was working on putting those flags elsewhere (cgraph, though internal
functions don't have cgraph nodes either ...). Maybe it was a bad idea to use
internal functions for ASAN.