This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64][1/2] Remove UNSPEC_CLS and use clrsb RTL code in its' place
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:24:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64][1/2] Remove UNSPEC_CLS and use clrsb RTL code in its' place
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53CE49BB dot 9050507 at arm dot com>
On 22 July 2014 12:23, Kyrill Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I noticed that we use UNSPEC_CLS for the clrsb optab when we could be using
> the RTL code for it. I don't see any reason not to use the RTL code and some
> execution tests confirm that the cls instruction implements the expected
> clrsb semantics. This patch removes the UNSPEC_CLS definition and usage.
> Bootstrapped and tested on aarch64-linux.
> Ok for trunk?
> 2014-07-22 Kyrylo Tkachov <email@example.com>
> * config/aarch64/aarch64.md: Delete UNSPEC_CLS.
> (clrsb<mode>2): Use clrsb RTL code instead of UNSPEC_CLS.
Looks Ok. /Marcus