This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] allow running mklog as a filter
- From: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Trevor Saunders <tsaunders at mozilla dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Trevor Saunders <tbsaunde at mozilla dot com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:49:05 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] allow running mklog as a filter
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1398737468-6981-1-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <1398737468-6981-3-git-send-email-tsaunders at mozilla dot com> <535F362F dot 10700 at samsung dot com> <20140429101611 dot GB6192 at tsaunders-iceball dot corp dot tor1 dot mozilla dot com> <CAD_=9DTTNzY0Rj=tD_JX8AoxQNydAmEQU-bAWAHSZo2EntoayA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 05/09/2014 07:09 PM, Diego Novillo wrote:
> I slightly prefer the semantics that gets me just the ChangeLog.
> The workflow I'm envisioning is:
I've commited both patches in r212883 and r12884. Mklog now runs as a
filter and prints generated ChangeLog to stdout instead of modifying the
> OK with Yuri's suggestion of assuming '-' when ARGV is empty.
I didn't change this because currently empty ARGV is used for printing
help message (similar to some other scripts in contrib/ folder).