This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Fix MIPS p5600 scheduler
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jaydeep Patil <Jaydeep dot Patil at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 13:02:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: [committed] Fix MIPS p5600 scheduler
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87k37bpwnr dot fsf at talisman dot default> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320EAF926 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
On Jul 17, 2014, at 11:47 PM, Matthew Fortune <Matthew.Fortune@imgtec.com> wrote:
> Thanks for fixing this. I'm afraid I managed to get confused between
> failures we had seen sporadically in our development work and thought
> they were known regressions on trunk waiting to be fixed when actually
> we were introducing them.
I recommend contrib/compare_tests for checking for regressions. It tells you just what you need to know, and if they first line is unimportant, you’re done reading. If the first three lines are interesting, then you have at least 1 regression left. By reducing the line count of what you have to look at, it making it exceedingly hard to ignore it and exceedingly hard to accidentally put in a regression.