This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000, 4.8/4.9] Fix aggregate alignment ABI issue
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 12:11:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000, 4.8/4.9] Fix aggregate alignment ABI issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201407170039 dot s6H0dwaA023988 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com>
On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 8:39 PM, Ulrich Weigand <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> this is the variant intended for the 4.8/4.9 branches of the patch:
> As discussed, it does *not* actually change ABI, but only warn when
> encountering a situation where the ABI will change in a future GCC.
> (Avoiding the specific term "GCC 4.10" here since I'm not certain
> whether the next GCC release will in fact be called that ...)
> Tested on powerpc64-linux and powerpc64le-linux; also verified using
> the ABI compat suite (against an unpatched GCC) that this patch does
> not change the ABI.
> OK for 4.8/4.9 once the mainline patch is in?
> * config/rs6000/rs6000.c (rs6000_function_arg_boundary): Issue
> -Wpsabi note when encountering a type where future GCC releases
> will apply different alignment requirements.
> * gcc.target/powerpc/ppc64-abi-warn-2.c: New test.
This patch is okay if it is okay with the Release Managers.