This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add statistical printout of rank_for_schedule decisions
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:34:58 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add statistical printout of rank_for_schedule decisions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <10FDB266-C7DC-43AC-95F7-30A056AE90F0 at linaro dot org>
On 07/13/14 22:17, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
This patch adds dump printouts for scheduling heuristics in
rank_for_schedule. Rank_for_schedule is one of the cornerstones of
haifa scheduler, yet its decisions are hard to track and debug.
This patch adds statistical gathering for each branch of
rank_for_schedule, and prints them out according to sched verbosity.
This patch helped me track down several bugs in rank_for_schedule
that result is stupid scheduling decisions.
Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-linux-gnu.
OK to apply?
Presmably you use the
return increment, retval;
construct to avoid the need for braces?
I can see how it's useful here, but I don't think we've generally used
comma operators like that and it's a style that I've never liked all
Could you go ahead and split it into two statements and add the
necessary braces? Approved with that change.