This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] PR 61662
- From: David Wohlferd <dw at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:03:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch] PR 61662
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4Yo5Byq_jWmhKA0OqKaWRg0iixE5PEnEBumYFMkuy=Beg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 7/15/2014 11:10 AM, Uros Bizjak wrote:
The detailed description and examples can be found in pr61662, but in short: using "#ifdef
__x86_64__" to determine the size of a 'long' does not reliably yield the correct result. This
causes _lrotl and _lrotr to return incorrect results on LLP64 systems (like Windows).
2014-07-09 David Wohlferd <dw@LimeGreenSocks.com>
* config/i386/ia32intrin.h: Use __LP64__ to determine size of long
This is OK for mainline and 4.9 backport.
Thank you for reviewing and approving this. However while I have a
release on file with FSF, I don't have SVN write permissions, so I
cannot check this in.