This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Fix many powerpc*-linux ASAN test suite failures
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 05:18:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Fix many powerpc*-linux ASAN test suite failures
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1405464182 dot 4285 dot 24 dot camel at otta>
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Peter Bergner <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> With a recent libsanitizer merge from upstream, we're now seeing a lot
> of ASAN test suite failures with the following error:
> ==26426==ASan runtime does not come first in initial library list; you should
> either link runtime to your application or manually preload it with LD_PRELOAD.
> This is caused by powerpc*-linux not defining LIBASAN_EARLY_SPEC which is
> defined in gnu-user.h. It looks like all *-linux architectures include
> gnu-user.h except for powerpc*-linux. The following patch makes powerpc*-linux
> match the other linux architectures... and fixes a compiler error when we
> try to redefine CC1_SPEC.
> This passed bootstrap and regtesting on powerpc64-linux with no regressions.
> Ok for mainline?
> * config.gcc (powerpc*-*-linux*): Include gnu-user.h in tm_file.
> * config/rs6000/sysv4.h (CC!_SPEC): Undefine it before defining it.
Typo in ChangeLog (CC!)?
This seems weird. Why wasn't this file included before or whenever it
was added for other *-linux targets? This seems to define SPECs that
should have been necessary before now.