This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Some DWARFv5 proposal prototypes (atomic_type, aligned_type)
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:58:48 -0600
- Subject: Re: Some DWARFv5 proposal prototypes (atomic_type, aligned_type)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1404837544-32127-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <1404941729-30903-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Mark> The following two patches are based on the earlier "dwarf2out.c: Pass
Mark> one cv_quals argument" and "Emit DW_tag_restrict_type" patches I posted
Mark> earlier. Since there currently is not even an early draft yet for DWARFv5,
Mark> just a collection of proposals that might or might not be adopted these
Mark> patches are not meant to be integrated just yet. But I would like to get
Mark> feedback on the code and whether the new debug information is useful.
I didn't read the patches I'm afraid.
However, the new debug information is definitely useful for the gcc/gdb
integration project. Without it I think the user can end up with
mysterious failures in their compiled expressions.