This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] libstdc++: add uniform on sphere distribution
- From: Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd at verizon dot net>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 10:48:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libstdc++: add uniform on sphere distribution
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53C28FBB dot 9080708 at verizon dot net> <CAOPLpQcDX_mAdAxy2ZaqRE_UzYBOgQwcGkz66-RtfsEOhzkYmg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 07/13/2014 10:11 AM, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Ed Smith-Rowland <email@example.com> wrote:
So I would just serialize _M_n here.
It has fixed parameters. This would mean unnecessary work. When you
try to use the parameter of the sphere distribution the normal
distribution will be reset. So there really is no need here.
The only problem would be if code couldn't handle the operators not
writing/reading anything But I haven't seen anything like that.
OK. I see it. Thanks.