This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] PR 61662
- From: David Wohlferd <dw at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
- To: hubicka at ucw dot cz
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, hjl dot tools at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 18:29:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch] PR 61662
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53BCF48F dot 60005 at LimeGreenSocks dot com>
Doh! Since the component here is 'Target', I probably should have
included the x86-64 Port Maintainer in the TO line.
Jan, while I have a release on file with the FSF, I don't have SVN write
On 7/9/2014 12:51 AM, David Wohlferd wrote:
As requested, I am posting this patch to gcc-patches.
The detailed description and examples can be found in pr61662, but in
short: using "#ifdef __x86_64__" to determine the size of a 'long'
does not reliably yield the correct result. This causes _lrotl and
_lrotr to return incorrect results on LLP64 systems (like Windows).
2014-07-09 David Wohlferd <dw@LimeGreenSocks.com>
* config/i386/ia32intrin.h: Use __LP64__ to determine size of