This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] offline gcda profile processing tool
- From: Rong Xu <xur at google dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- Cc: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Xinliang David Li <xinliangli at gmail dot com>, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>, Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:52:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] offline gcda profile processing tool
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF1bQ=Tsi9JmmZSQo4NJwfes-1EAzzVC_645YEpO5k6PRaeKqA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140417033448 dot GC3157 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAF1bQ=RD2d1E8PGi9FW5WffPupNcG84TBv53GH62k5vVwu2fGQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=SYZfERgODf=Yc=qRtDxhJg-8Dt0OaGKf4GxM0_y+vUbg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc0WO3-4VQ0KDYkg6wb55A72-6A+h_L47X0vMUafziOM9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAkRFZ+SzUCN8vkWaKGiGna3oN0qbph6tpB=r1kWqybeEg6EMw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140711154426 dot GX31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAAkRFZKRqFCbLyJzPvwkPRgoZCS2aGCqiAxbT0zZejXZhkw6iw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=Tf1KT=0PkZ96ZLmw49P0v1Y-Mm41C_vS=nK-kW1Z7eag at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=QGdDgirnSA4dWDD-gym7V9KBW-9aOEvEH4Kbx5jvs2OQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140711184613 dot GC8908 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Jan Hubicka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I looked at my patch again. I already add -Wno-error to libgcov-util.o
>> In line 200 of gcc/Makefile.in
>> libgcov-util.o-warn = -Wno-error
>> In my test, I used gcc-4.6 as the host compiler. I got warning like this:
>> In file included from ../../gcc/gcc/../libgcc/libgcov-util.c:30:0:
>> ../../gcc/gcc/../libgcc/libgcov.h:184:30: warning: ISO C++ forbids
>> zero-size array ???ctrs??? [-pedantic]
>> Can you check your buildlog to see if -Wno-error is added to the command line?
> I would preffer the libgcov.h (that is interface header to libgcov users) to be
> valid C++, so we still ought to fix it.
OK. I will send out a patch for review.
>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Rong Xu <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > I did see the warning in the bootstrap, but it did not exit the build.
>> > I thought it was ok.
>> > I'll have a patch for this and send for review.
>> > -Rong
>> > On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Xinliang David Li <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> >> right.
>> >> Rong, the fix would be just change ctr array size to 1. For each
>> >> function, there should be at least one kind of counters -- see the
>> >> assertion in build_fn_info_type. There are some code that do
>> >> 'sizeof(gcov_fn_info)' when computing heap size -- they can be
>> >> adjusted or leave it as it is (if not doing memcpy for the whole
>> >> array).
>> >> David
>> >> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
>> >>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 08:42:27AM -0700, Xinliang David Li wrote:
>> >>>> I wonder why. The struct definition for gcov_fn_info has not changed
>> >>>> in this patch.
>> >>> Perhaps it has been used only in C until now?
>> >>> Jakub