This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] offline gcda profile processing tool
- From: Rong Xu <xur at google dot com>
- To: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Xinliang David Li <xinliangli at gmail dot com>, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google dot com>, Dehao Chen <dehao at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 11:29:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] offline gcda profile processing tool
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF1bQ=T7xuC7O4=n90eN-pKh0me0d1e+50iXFtEcOD4o8s0ArQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=TypsiC1Aa3Bz14cxX5sP9Zt02ecVPuU_xnS=2+zmDAQg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=SPdSH8ffMSEBkGQqH-w7b5ye3mC4n2CwqenH8EbGR+PA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140415213850 dot GA23141 at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAF1bQ=Tsi9JmmZSQo4NJwfes-1EAzzVC_645YEpO5k6PRaeKqA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140417033448 dot GC3157 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <CAF1bQ=RD2d1E8PGi9FW5WffPupNcG84TBv53GH62k5vVwu2fGQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=SYZfERgODf=Yc=qRtDxhJg-8Dt0OaGKf4GxM0_y+vUbg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFiYyc0WO3-4VQ0KDYkg6wb55A72-6A+h_L47X0vMUafziOM9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAkRFZ+SzUCN8vkWaKGiGna3oN0qbph6tpB=r1kWqybeEg6EMw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140711154426 dot GX31640 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAAkRFZKRqFCbLyJzPvwkPRgoZCS2aGCqiAxbT0zZejXZhkw6iw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAF1bQ=Tf1KT=0PkZ96ZLmw49P0v1Y-Mm41C_vS=nK-kW1Z7eag at mail dot gmail dot com>
I looked at my patch again. I already add -Wno-error to libgcov-util.o
In line 200 of gcc/Makefile.in
libgcov-util.o-warn = -Wno-error
In my test, I used gcc-4.6 as the host compiler. I got warning like this:
In file included from ../../gcc/gcc/../libgcc/libgcov-util.c:30:0:
../../gcc/gcc/../libgcc/libgcov.h:184:30: warning: ISO C++ forbids
zero-size array âctrsâ [-pedantic]
Can you check your buildlog to see if -Wno-error is added to the command line?
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:47 AM, Rong Xu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I did see the warning in the bootstrap, but it did not exit the build.
> I thought it was ok.
> I'll have a patch for this and send for review.
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 9:13 AM, Xinliang David Li <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Rong, the fix would be just change ctr array size to 1. For each
>> function, there should be at least one kind of counters -- see the
>> assertion in build_fn_info_type. There are some code that do
>> 'sizeof(gcov_fn_info)' when computing heap size -- they can be
>> adjusted or leave it as it is (if not doing memcpy for the whole
>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 08:42:27AM -0700, Xinliang David Li wrote:
>>>> I wonder why. The struct definition for gcov_fn_info has not changed
>>>> in this patch.
>>> Perhaps it has been used only in C until now?