This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH v3 3/3] Port libstdc++ pretty-printers to Python 2 + Python 3
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>
- To: Samuel Bronson <naesten at gmail dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 14:49:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/3] Port libstdc++ pretty-printers to Python 2 + Python 3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400701554-18062-1-git-send-email-naesten at gmail dot com> <1405046899-32639-1-git-send-email-naesten at gmail dot com> <1405046899-32639-4-git-send-email-naesten at gmail dot com> <8761j4imol dot fsf at naesten dot mooo dot com>
On 10/07/14 22:48 -0400, Samuel Bronson wrote:
* python/libstdcxx/v6/printers.py: Port to Python 2+3
(imap): New compat function.
(Iterator): New mixin to allow writing iterators in Python 3 style
regardless of which version we're running on.
[Python3] (long) New compat alias for "int".
* testsuite/lib/gdb-test.exp: Port to Python 2+3 (print syntax)
Thanks, I've committed this with a few tiny changes to the comments
(s/compatability/compatibility/ and the comment about your GDB PR).
I'm not planning to backport this myself, but if the patch applies
cleanly or if someone else does the work then I have no objections to
it going on the release branches (after the branch reopens post-4.9.1
Thanks very much for doing this.